Sign up to become a Local Community Leader
If you'd like a little more information before getting started, please check out our resources link. If you are ready to go, then read on.
To see a full list of how we can help you get started and benefits to becoming a Local Community, click here.
In order to get started as a Local Community Leader, please follow these steps:
- Become a member of Coffee Party USA.
Apply below to create a Local Community Group.
- Agree to the Affiliation Statement which explains the relationship between Coffee Party USA and Coffee Party Local Communities (below).
- Agree to the Civility Pledge and Non-disclosure Agreement (below).
- Affirm that you have read the Mission, Vision and Values of Coffee Party USA and that you will lead your Local Community according to these guidelines.
By completing the data fields below and submitting this request to start a Coffee Party USA Community Group in my geographical area, I hereby attest to the following:
- I am a member of Coffee Party USA and will continue to meet the requirements for a Coffee Party USA Local Community Leader.
- I have read and understand the benefits I will receive by my community group becoming approved by the Coffee Party USA.
- I understand that by becoming an approved Coffee Party USA community group, this neither creates nor implies any formal legal structure existing between the Coffee Party USA and the community group, and that the community group is not authorized to act on behalf of, or bind in any way, Coffee Party USA.
- I understand that although I will receive a Facebook page and editor rights for my use for my Coffee Party USA community group, the Coffee Party USA national group will retain administrative rights and ownership control of the page.
- I understand that while the Coffee Party maintains these pages, I am responsible for posting local postings and events. I understand that I may recommend that other individuals be added as editors so long as they meet the requirements listed above.
- I understand that other individuals who join this community group may be granted Facebook page editor rights so long as they meet the requirements listed above.
- I understand that I and all members of my community group must abide by all copyright requirements in the usage of the name and logos of the Coffee Party USA including getting approval for any usages of the name and logos beyond its usage on the Facebook page and for any signage for local events.
- I understand that when Coffee Party USA runs national campaigns, that my local community will be asked to participate.
- I understand that I and all members of my community group must respond to requests for information from the Coffee Party USA within a reasonable time frame.
- I agree to notify Coffee Party USA in a timely manner if there is a change in the person who is serving as a contact for this community group.
- I understand that if at any time I fail to meet any of the requirements outlined above or that are a part of this attestation, that Coffee Party USA holds the right to revoke my community group affiliation status.
Civility Pledge: As a member or supporter of the Coffee Party, I pledge to conduct myself in a way that is civil, honest, and respectful toward people with whom I disagree. I value people from different cultures, I value people with different ideas, and I value and cherish the democratic process.
Non Disclosure Agreement. In connection with your volunteer work, Coffee Party USA may provide you with access to portions of Coffee Party USA’s lists of supporters that contains personal information including but not limited to e-mail addresses and telephone numbers; and with access to other non-public information maintained by Coffee Party USA, all of which is “Coffee Party USA Confidential Information.” You agree that you will not make use of or disclose any Coffee Party USA Confidential Information for any purpose whatsoever other than as needed for the performance of your volunteer services for Coffee Party USA. You also agree that all documents, files, conversations, information shared, participation in online discussions and lists relating to the operations and/or activities of Coffee Party USA, whether gathered by you or any other person, are and shall remain the sole and exclusive property of Coffee Party USA.